Learn more about Nora with her Top 3 Highlights lists
1. PhD in Evaluation Studies, awarded January 2014 by the University of Minnesota, College of Human Development and Education, Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development
2. M.A. in Research Methodology, awarded May 2005 by the School of Education, Department of Psychology in Education, University of Pittsburgh
3. B.A. in Studies in Education and Biology, awarded May 1996 by Earlham College, with College and Departmental Honors, Phi Beta Kappa.
1. Faster Forward Fund Grant, 2016.. Nora F. Murphy, Kate McKegg, and Nan Wehipeihana of the Kinnect Group were awarded funding to develop an Institute that aims to provide an alternative pathway for new evaluators from under-represented communities who want to work as Developmental Evaluators for social justice.
2. Recognized as Leader in Next Generation Evaluation, 2016. http://aea365.org/blog/labor-day-week-erin-bock-on-honoring-nora-murphy/
3. Awarded the Michael Scriven Dissertation Award for Outstanding Contribution to Evaluation Theory, Method, or Practice in 2013
1. Murphy, N. F. (2017) Waking Lumina: A Personal Principles-Based Evaluation Philosophy. In Patton, M.Q. Principles-focused evaluation: The guide. Guilford Publications.
2. Murphy, N. F. and Huseby, H. H. (2017) Diverse Uses of Principles across an Organization. In Patton, M.Q. Principles-focused evaluation: The guide. Guilford Publications.
3. Chapman Haynes, M., Murphy, N. F., & Patton, M. Q. (2017). A Guiding Typology for Site Visits. New Directions for Evaluation, 2017( 156), 11-19.